Associate Director – Designer Platelet Team
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of advancing early drug discovery projects to preclinical and IND-enabling studies. A strong background in in vivo pharmacology, cellular and gene therapies, immunology, and oncology is highly desirable. Specifically, the candidate will manage a team dedicated to establishing a platform for platelet-delivered therapeutics and will lead collaborations with external partners to establish proof-of-concept and clinical relevance in murine cancer models.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Development and design of experiments for multiple projects within the Designer Platelet Team, with input from the CSO.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize drug loading and delivery protocols and coordinate the characterization of drug-loaded platelets.
- Identify and integrate new technologies that improve or expand upon internal SOPs.
- Pursue innovative therapies for platelet-delivery based on market potential and unmet clinical need.
- Interface with CROs and other collaborators to design cutting-edge mouse studies for PK/Biodistribution/and Efficacy for oncology and immune-oncology indications.
- Regular participation and presentation at Company and Board of Directors meetings.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, immunology, oncology with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience.
- Must have in vivo animal model experience specifically in mouse models of cancer and a solid foundation of modeling cellular therapeutics for oncology and immune-oncology indications.
- Experience leading projects with CRO’s and academic collaborators.
- In depth knowledge of literature and current trends in hemostasis, and oncology, and drug development.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills and the ability to design experiments and interpret data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Flexible with the ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities while still achieving development timelines.
- Experience with nanoparticle biology and conjugation chemistry is a plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits and much more!