The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and has experience in providing exceptional customer service, enjoys working with people and coordinating a multitude of tasks with competing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable. Specifically, you will:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Company in the form of communications, facilities, recruitment, purchasing and reception. Flexibility and initiative are key as we continue to grow and move to new locations requiring diverse or additional support.
- Support President and other leadership staff with calendar management, scheduling, travel arrangements, and expense reporting and processing.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding functional areas in the form of scheduling phone and in-person interviews, orientations, conference rooms, coordinating technology needs for new hires, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and provide support to the Lab Manager and Operations Manager with lab supply and business-related purchases.
- Organize office operations and procedures including document control, filing systems, and policies.
- Maintain and stock the company with snacks, coffee, and office supplies.
- Serve as primary point of contact for guests, building management, facilities landlord and other service providers.
- Organize company events, such as bi-weekly company lunches, quarterly company outings, summer retreat, holiday party, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- BS/BA required
- At least 3-5 years experience in office management or as a high-level executive assistant providing support to C-suite managers.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint along with experience with navigating online platforms and databases.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Possess strong emotional intelligence and business acumen.
- Must be able to maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Successful candidates will have a positive attitude to helping out with ‘whatever needs to get done’.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Discounts and much more!