Research Scientist – Stem Cell
We are currently seeking a PhD/postdoc‐level research scientist with pluripotent stem cell, hematopoietic stem cell, and megakaryocyte experience to help drive research and development within our iPSC program.
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging Mother Nature’s drug delivery system to cure diseases. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities!
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design and execution of experiments for multiple projects with input from Stem Cell Team lead and Chief of Staff
- Supervision of one or more laboratory staff
- Perform maintenance and differentiation cultures of human induced pluripotent stem cells.
- Generation of intellectual property, performing literature, IP and patent searches
- Writing/submitting/reviewing papers and patents, and evaluation of new technologies
- Operating creatively within a project research budget
- Project planning including submissions for grant funding and regulatory filings
- Generating and maintaining all technical documentation for experiments and their results
- Acting as a scientific ambassador for the company, including making external presentation, publishing abstracts/articles, and establishing collaborations
- Must have scheduling flexibility to enable weekend and holiday work rotations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- PhD (or equivalent) with at least 2 years of postdoctoral or related experience with pluripotent stem cells, hematopoietic stem cells, and/or megakaryocyte differentiation
- Relevant laboratory experience in academic and/or industry settings
- Hands‐on cell culture experience
- Hands‐on laboratory experience working with animals (mice), blood, and blood products
- Hands‐on microscopy, flow cytometry, (and preferably bioreactor) experience
- Experience in a wide‐range of cellular and molecular biology techniques including western
blotting, IHC, qPCR, etc.
- In depth knowledge of literature and current trends in the fields of pluripotent stem cells, thrombopoiesis, (and preferably bioreactor development)
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills
- An established scientific reputation in the field, with publications in peer‐reviewed journals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Skilled presenter able to deliver technical summaries of data as well as high level explanations designed to support strategic decisions
- Ability to multi‐task efficiently and work under pressure with precision
- Experience with training laboratory staff at various levels
- Willingness to go above and beyond job requirements when necessary
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Discounts and much more!